5 Foods For Healthy Hair
You really are what you eat – even your hair! Your diet has a big effect on keeping your hair strong and shiny. Fill up on these nutrients to begin growing your healthiest hair ever.
- Salmon. It keeps your hair shiny. Oily fish like salmon, sardines, and mackerel are packed with healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Your body can’t make these healthy fats on it’s own so you can only get them from food or dietary supplements.
- Greek Yogurt. This food is packed with vitamin B5, also known as pantothenic acid. It helps with blood flow to your scalp, which encourages growth. It may even help against thinning and hair loss.
- Spinach. It’s not just for muscles! It has tons of vitamin A, iron, beta carotene, folate, and vitamin C. These nutrients keep your hair and scalp moisturized which helps against loss and breakage.
- Eggs. Your protein and iron bases are covered when you eat eggs. And we mean both the whites and the yolks. They are rich in biotin, a vitamin B that helps hair grow. Not having enough of this vitamin can actually lead to hair loss. Biotin is also good for your fingernails.
- Oysters. Rich in zinc for fuller hair. Cells that build hair rely on zinc. When your diet is lacking zinc, you can have hair loss – even in your eyelashes.